Monday, December 10, 2007

How Deep the Father's Love For Us



This song is quite powerful because it is quite true. To make a wretch His treasure. It was my sin that held Him there. Why should I gain from His reward? His wounds have paid my ransom.

“And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.” (Col 2:13-15)


How Deep The Father’s Love For Us

Words and Music by Stuart Townend
©1995 Kingsway's Thankyou Music

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.
Absolutely love the UTube, it goes with the song so fantastically
Blessings
Glenda

KC Armstrong said...

Glenda:

You may follow the TouTube link through to its creator. I am definitely not within the techno-savvy to produce any video whatsoever. I still use VHS!