Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Gospel Rhymes

I do not like rap music. I never have and likely never will.

I once did not like the gospel. In fact, I was once an enemy of the cross and would still be to this day had not the the Holy Spirit accomplished his regenerating work to the glory of God.

I still do not like rap music, but I do like the gospel. And when the day dawns that the gospel can be communicated through a medium in which it might reach an entire generation, I am obligated to be willing to change my preferences. The day has dawned, and there is a rising generation of Christian, hip-hop artists who are using their talents to the glory of God to further his name throughout the nations. Lamp Mode is one of those artists and this video below reflects some of the most truth-filled lyrics that I have heard centered on the tri-unity of the Godhead.

Lamp Mode's mission statement says that they are intent on "highlighting the Character of God, while presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ and a biblical world view through hiphop culture." I believe that they have accomplished this purpose. At the recent Legacy Conference in Chicago, Paul Washer who was one of the speakers for the conference said "I came here thinking I would hear hip-hop. I heard preaching. I heard preaching."

I still do not like rap music, but I do like the gospel. And this is not rap music; this is true, biblical preaching of the gospel of the triune God.



Chorus
Glory to the Father
Glory to the Son
Glory to the Spirit
Three and yet One
One in your essence
Three in your persons
The same in your nature
Distinct in your working
Oh my soul- behold the wonder of the Trinity
Blessed be the Trinity, Oh, what a mystery!
I’ll stand amazed for the rest of my days
Pouring out my heart in Triune praise
Download Full Lyrics with Scripture References and Devotional Here

HT:Christ, My Righteousness

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog KC, for the first time!
Love it. Stop by and see mine when you can: www.JustTalkingItUp.com We'd love to get you thoughts!
Blessings,
and keep blogging---you're in my favorites now!
Janet

Sherry said...

You could be MC KC.

Sorry, that was bad. ;)

KC Armstrong said...

Hey Janet,

Thanks for stopping by and glad to know that you have been e-mused! Just Talking It Up provides many musings as well!


Sherry,

True, I could have been "MC KC" but I think "Agent Special K" may find more root in the real me. For kicks and giggles, you may read my Confessions of a Disgruntled Rapper's Childhood Dream.

DeDeandMatt said...

KC Smooth,

good name? anyway let me know if you wanna get well versed in the hip hop gospel genre. I know plenty of artists.

Matt

Unknown said...

I wanna be versed in hiphop gospel.God bless You

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I love this!!!!!
Are you having issues in your relationship?

Are you looking for better ways of improving you lifestyle?

Are you in love?

Visit Mfon Elisha's Blog for enthusiastic articles on how to build a healthy and long lasting relationship.


Elisha Mfon said...

Wow, this is lovely .

You can also check out NSEhub

NSEhub.info is a non governmental organization that is out to set a platform for the young/upcoming talents to be promoted in and outside of Nigeria.