Monday, November 13, 2006

My Wife is Famous!!

Unbeknownst to me or her, she appeared in last week’s edition of the Birmingham News. When asked who has had a major positive impact on her life, Melissa Meinberg (whom was named Scholar Athlete of the Week by the paper) responded “Kim Armstrong was a Bible study leader of mine. Her relationship with Christ has always had a positive influence on me. She is always there when I need to talk to her. “ There are a few things that are greatly encouraging about this article:

1. This came as a great encouragement to Kimberly to fight the good fight despite not seeing much fruit to her labors.

2. More importantly, however, this provided an opportunity for the name of Christ to be proclaimed not only to the individual reporter, but also to the city at large.

3. For Melissa specifically, it speaks volumes to the work of Christ that He has given her the understanding that one’s relationship with Christ is of utmost importance. Therefore, as she is seeking Christ for herself, she is seeking His work in the lives of others as well.

I am so proud of my wife and my pride is rooted in the pride of the God we serve who has chosen us, delivered us from a kingdom of darkness and transferred us into a kingdom of light (Col 1:13-14).

For the complete article click here.