Friday, November 25, 2005

Giving Thanks

My wife and I have had the absolute best time over the last few days. With Thanksgiving comes, thankfully, a day off to rest, relax, and refocus. I don't think that we have laughed as hard as we did yesterday evening. It was the most joyous time to simply be free with the one I love and to rejoice openly that God truly has done great things for us.

I am deeply thankful for my wife, Kimberly, and the ministry that the Lord has given her for me. I am fully persuaded that the greatest ministry in the world is to our spouse and I will be the first to admit that I fail miserably every day. However, grace is apparent and I think one of the many reasons that the Lord entrusted her to my care is so that she might be a grace dispenser in my life. To tap into that only once would be worth a lifetime, but I am granted grace every day, for every moment, for every occasion, for every season, for every need. Next to Christ, she is the greatest gift that I have ever received. In her presence is fullness of joy, for being with her, is being with Christ. (Psalm 16:11)

No comments: